Friday, September 02, 2005

INTRODUCTIONS

Welcome to Snips, Snails & Puppy Dog Tails. I have had a blog where I talk about comic books, movies, television and other things that interest me, but my wife, Lisa, and I wanted to create this blog as a place to post pictures and tell stories about our wonderful sons for family and anyone else who might be interested.

As a bit of introduction, my name is Evan Cantrell. I’m originally from Pilgrims Knob, Virginia where I lived my whole life until I left for college. I graduated from Virginia Tech with a bachelor’s degree in architecture. After college, I lived and worked for The Troyer Group in Harrisonburg, Virginia for a year. I then made my way down to Orlando, Florida to work with my brother-in-law, Derek, at HLM Design. And that is where I met and fell in love with my beautiful wife.



Lisa is originally from Fairmont, West Virginia. Oddly enough this is also where my brother-in-law is from. She only lived in Fairmont for a few years before her parents moved to Chattanooga, Tennessee to attend Tennessee Temple University. After college, Lisa’s family moved to Orlando, Florida and began working at the Central Florida Children’s Home. I believe her family had been down there for about ten years before I met her. After high school, Lisa attended Tennessee Temple University for one year. I stole her during her summer break, and she never returned.

Lisa and I were married on December 2, 2000. In September 2001, we relocated to Travelers Rest, South Carolina. Lisa’s family had moved up here before we were married and my sister and brother-in-law had left Orlando for Richmond, Virginia a little while after we were married. I now work for Neal Prince + Partners Architects in Greenville. I’m in the process of taking the exams to become a registered architect. Lisa is a stay at home mom.



Our first son, Ethan Evan, was born on May 28, 2002. To read a little more about Ethan you can visit this site.



Our second son, Riley Oran, was born on May 15, 2004. Riley is no longer with us physically, but he is always in our hearts. You can read more about Riley here.



Our third son, Connor Owen, is due November 11, 2005. We are extremely excited and can’t wait for his arrival.

So please keep stopping by for more as we prepare for Connor’s arrival and as we experience the lives of our sons.

2 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Blogger Livemalls said...

Cool auto-biography. It seems like yeterday we were throwing drawing supplies on the floor in Paul's class and trying to document the sound. haha

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Evan said...

That seems so long ago. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home