Monday, January 21, 2008


We had a terrifying experience this past Friday night. Our youngest son, Connor, had an allergic reaction and went into anaphlatic (sp?) shock. Connor is allergic to eggs, milk and peanuts, so we are constantly reading labels and keeping track of food that is around him. We have a fairly good idea what set it off this time. He has had severe reactions before but never like this. Thankfully Lisa and my mother-in-law made it to the emergency room in time where they gave him a shot of epinephrine, put him on oxygen and a steroid. Lisa said that he was like a rag doll in her arms. About four hours later we were on our way home with our little angel sitting next to us dancing and singing along with the radio. It is really scary to think about how close we were to losing him. I honestly don't know what I would do if I lost another child. Unfortunately with Connor's food allergies we will always have this fear in the back of our mind, but thankfully he made through this time.


At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wow that is a rough thing to go through. you must be so much stronger from that now :)


Post a Comment

<< Home